School Day Timings ( CUrrently slightly adjusted due to covid 19 safety requirements - please speak to school office)
It is very important that children get in to good routines so to help with this please can parents / carers please ensure that children are on the playground before 8.45am so that as soon as the doors to school are opened the children can come into school.
The timings at the start of the day are...
- before 8.45am - children should be on the school playground
- at 8.40 am - the Year 1 and 2 teachers will go to the Junior Football Pen to line up and collect the Y1 and Y2 children
- at 8.45am - the doors are opened and the children come into school
- at 8.50am - the external doors are all shut and locked
- after 8.50am - the children must be brought to the front entrance by the parent/carer and the child signed in within the late register in the school office
The timings at the end of the day are...
- at 3.15pm - the infant children finish school
- at 3.30pm - the junior children finish school
- Reception children have their own separate entrance/exit at the back of the school hall
- Reception children go into school via the ramp
- Reception children exit their classroom via the sheltered area
- Year 1 and 2 have their own separate entrance/exit at the side of school (to the right at the bottom of Church Lane). Doors are marked as Year 1 and Year 2
- Year 3, 4 and 6 use the 'lean-to' door to enter and leave the building - this leads to their cloakroom - it is marked with a sign (Year 3, 4 and 6 entrance)
- Year 5 use the door next to the 'lean-to' which is marked with a sign (Year 5 entrance)
The 'lean-to' is the temporary structure to the left of the large clock that can be seen from the main playground.
NB - Parents and children should not walk in front of the main school (at the start or end of the day) unless they need to go to the school office. This area is often busy with vehicles and is therefore dangerous. Parents and children should walk down the path to the right hand side (at bottom of Church Lane) of the school.